The ICSB Academy welcomes you to Argentina!
The Academy is fully integrated into the 62nd annual ICSB World Conference and is designed such that students interact with young entrepreneurs, researchers, practitioners, and policy makers from around the world.
Are you a student that’s interested in testing your business idea over three days with distinguished global faculty ?
If yes, we encourage you to register for the ICSB Academy – 2017 Cohort held in Buenos Aires, Argentina, under the local leadership of María Fernanda Andrés and the support of UNGS and UNL–FCE. Enjoy this beautiful city, while learning from other young entrepreneurs interested in making an impact in our world by accessing new markets, introducing new technological innovations, and pushing your entrepreneurial thinking.
ICSB Academy Schedule – Buenos Aires, Argentina
(1) Kenton Palace (Address: Defensa 383, San Telmo) http://www.kentonpalacebsas.com.ar/ Transportation will be provided between this hotel and the other ICSB Academy and Conference Venues
(2) Pizzería Los Dos Amigos (Address: México 287, two blocks from the Kenton Palace Hotel http://bit.ly/2sRvL5l )
(3) Consejo Profesional de Ciencias Económicas de la Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires (Address: Viamonte 1549) http://www.consejo.org.ar/
(5) Centro Metropolitano de Diseño (Address: Algarrobo 1041, Barracas) http://www.buenosaires.gob.ar/cmd
(6) Museo de Arte Moderno de Buenos Aires (Museum of Modern Art) – MAMBA (Address: San Juan Ave 350) http://www.buenosaires.gob.ar/museoartemoderno
(7) Pontificia Universidad Católica Argentina – UCA – Puerto Madero (Address: Avenida Alicia Moreau de Justo 150)
(8) Madero Tango (Address: Alicia Moreau de Justo 2150)
(9) Estadio Alberto J. Armando (La Bombonera Stadium)
Pre-Travel Activities start on Monday May 29 and end on Sunday June 18. They will be conducted through the ICSB Academy online education platform (access instructions will be sent to all participants).
- Team formation: Starts Monday May 29, ends Friday June 9
- Form a team of five Academy students from anywhere in the world, no more than 3 from the same country.
- Determine who will be the technology lead, the marketing lead, and the team spokesperson.
- Pick a United Nations Sustainable Development Goal that the team will address.
- Be proactive – you must be a member of a team by June 9.
- Submission of solution: Starts as soon as you have your team formed, due Sunday June 18.
- Each team must submit a description of its hypothetical business (a template will be provided), including its product or service, how it addresses the selected UN Sustainable Development Goal, and how it will remain in business. The business can be a for-profit or nonprofit organization.
- Team will further develop and refine the idea during the program; Best ideas will be selected for the final pitch competition and best idea award.
- Pack your suitcase and get ready for serious fun.
The Academy will be held at the Professional Council of Economic Sciences of the Autonomous City of Buenos Aires (Consejo Profesional de Ciencias Económicas de la Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires), located at Viamonte 1549, Buenos Aires, Autonomous City of Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Instructions for Transpoortation Provided:
On Monday and Tuesday, you will be escorted from the Kenton Palace Hotel via the subway to the Professional Council of Economic Sciences. See Dr. María Fernanda Andrés at the Welcome Reception on Sunday or at the Kenton on Monday morning for your subway ticket. Be at the Kenton Palace Hotel by 8:15am. You will be escorted back in the afternoon via subway as well.
On Wednesday, busses will take you from the Kenton Palace to the Metropolitan Design Center and back. Be at the Kenton Palace Hotel by 8:00am.
For Group Hotel Registration Contact- María Lucía Tipper, Registrations & Housing Assistant at : firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Cesar Bandera, Director of ICSB Academy – 2017 Cohort
Serving as the Director of ICSB Academy 2017, Dr. Cesar Bandera is Assistant Professor of Entrepreneurship at the School of Management, New Jersey Institute of Technology. His research focuses on the establishment and growth of technology start-ups. Dr. Bandera also has two companies in the NJIT Enterprise Development Center business incubator that specialize in mobile learning services and m-Health. Before joining NJIT, Dr. Bandera led several technology companies from start-up to successful exit, and worked at AT&T Labs. His has received the NASA Space Act award, Small Business of the Year Nominations from the US Department of Defense, four patents, and written numerous publications in entrepreneurship education, incubation, and signal processing innovation. He is Associate Editor of the Journal of Translational Engineering in Health and Medicine, and Senior Member of the IEEE.
• Ph.D., University of Buffalo,1990
• MS.ECE, University of Buffalo,1985
Miriam Helmy, Project Manager for ICSB Academy – 2017 Cohort
Miriam Helmy is the International Council for Small Business (ICSB) Academy project manager, a research assistant and MBA candidate at The New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT). She is currently conducting research in the area of digital entrepreneurship with sponsorship from the Panasonic Foundation. Ms. Helmy completed her undergraduate degree at NJIT, majoring in business management with a double concentration in marketing and finance with a minor in communications. In the private sector, she has held several business management and development positions since 2007. She has also served as a small business consultant, helping business owners secure financing and research grants under the federal Small Business Innovation Research program.